SKK Feral Replacement System define your own custom replacement actors
If you want to use your own custom replacement actor, you can:
> Use any existing base game/DLC actor, or
> Use any actor from another mod, or
> Make your own actor in the Creation Kit.
SKK Feral Replacement System (FRS) will detect file SKKFeralReplacementSystemCustomActor.esp and load whatever _NPC actor form is in location [nn000800] to offer as a [ CUSTOM ] replacement actor in the holotape menu.
A recent request to include Aliens as an alternative replacement race got me thinking. The base game Aliens are simply rubbish at combat so I already customised them to be more fight-y for SKK Instant Battleground alien swarm mode. But I couldn’t be arsed (technical status) to recreate or copy that actor and all the associated custom dialog, weapons, and stuff. So why not simply link the custom alien in the mod to FRS via the Custom Actor file in 5 minutes. Yay it works !
(1) Make sure there is no file called SKKFeralReplacementSystemCustomActor.esp already in your [..\Fallout 4\Data] folder.
(2) Load FO4Edit/xEdit with the ESM or ESP that contains the leveled actor you want to use.
(3) Select the [Non-Player Character (Actor)] _NPC record to use, the name usually starts with “lvl” for leveled, example: lvlDeathclaw
(4) Right click and [Copy as new record into]
(5) Change the editor ID to something unique to this ESP mod file e.g. lvlDeathclaw becomes SKK_FRSlvlDeathclaw. The actual name doesn’t matter as its invisible, it just needs to be unique in your load order. I_Like_Waffles will work (until it doesn’t).
(6) .esp File name must be SKKFeralReplacementSystemCustomActor
(7) If this is a new clean & fresh ESP the new NPC record number will always be nn000800, just check it is and if so [ CTRL+S ] to save. If it isn’t you need some xEdit support.
(8) Add SKKFeralReplacementSystemCustomActor.esp to your load order and enable through Plugins.txt or your mod manager.
(9) You can now select [ CUSTOM ] from the FRS holotape replacement options and they will appear as new cells load or respawn.
Using this method you do not need to worry about any other junk like custom inventory, voice type, faction, dialogue quests … nothing that’s all pulled through from the original source file as a master.
NOTE: If you are doing this for Fallout 4-76 the file name in (6) and (8) needs to be SKK476CustomActor.esp