Dump your weapons and armor into this workshop constructable container to automatically break them down into all the loose object mods and a base item.
(1) Build OMOD Stripper containers at any Workshop under Crafting.
(2) Dump in up to 128 weapons and armor items that have object mods attached to them, keep feeding it as fast as it can work (around 1 second per inventory item).
(3) If the item does not have Omods, or an Omod does not have associated loose mod (like base game legendary effects), it is returned to the player to keep your stuff safe.
(4) If you have a solution that allows legendary effects to be swapped via loose items, they will be stripped.
(5) The stripped base weapon and Omods are transferred to preferred storage. Default automatically picks from the best available option: Global Storage, then Local Workshop then Player. Preferred storage can be set with the console [ set SKK_OMSStorage to 0,1,2,3 ] Where 0 is default auto, 1 is Player, 2 is local Workshop, 3 is Global stash/Quantum, storage.
(6) If there are specific stripped items or loose mods that should not go into storage for whatever reason, use xEdit to add them to the relevant base item formlist and they will always be returned to the player: SKK_OMSExceptionItemsMISC, SKK_OMSExceptionItemsARMO, SKK_OMSExceptionItemsWEAP best to save changes as new override file so you can keep updating the core mod.
(7) A stripped base weapon may be unusable with no 3d model if all components are Omods, they can be reattached at a workbench for normal service.
(8) You should not (be able to) store or scrap a container whilst it is working. D-UH !
(9) This solution depends on F4SE functions, containers will lock with a warning if you forget to use the F4SE launcher (like me all the time, as I don’t actually use it for compatibility and performance reasons).
Apart from Fallout 4 Script Extender, the mod has no dependencies on DLCs or other content and does not change any existing base game scripts or assets so there should be zero load order and conflict considerations.
As this mod was published after November 2019 it depends on Fallout4.exe 188.8.131.52 (or later).
PC manual installation & disable
Copy SKKOmodStripper.esp, SKKOmodStripper – Main.BA2 and SKKOmodStripper – Textures.BA2 to your…\Fallout 4\Data directory and add to Plugins.txt, or enable in the Bethesda mod menu, use a mod manger or however you organise.
If no containers are built in the world then no scripts will run. If you are happy to accept potential conflicts from load order changes in a save game, you can disable and remove this mod.
(1) Why is there no ESL version ? Because life already contains sufficient hassle.
(2) What actual problem does this solve ? When you have monster stashes of loot, enumerating the inventory lists can take a while as every item with an Omod is a unique reference or line in the inventory. If they are stored as base forms they can stack. To illustrate imagine you have one each of every unique pipegun OMOD combination. That would be 266,000 separate inventory items, but broken down that would only be 52 stacks of loose Omod items. If 266,000 vs 52 doesn’t make sense and you have trust issues, apologies I can’t help you further.
(3) Any other problems ? When doing a no crafting scavenge only run, trying to figure out the best mods to harvest and use off a stack of weapons is a PITA, and you cant actually remove the first mod of each type without crafting a replacement (except no muzzle, or no legendary) which conflicts with the no crafting aspiration. I may not give a rats ass about your ‘meshun, but I do about my run principles (and math).
(4) Can this solution scrap stripped base items ? Technically yes, but it is just too slow to calculate component counts in this stripping script. Plus this can’t detect what it doesn’t know, and you may have mod added items with non standards based attachments this has no way of detecting which could cause tears if scrapped. You can scrap stuff with SKK Junk Scrapper or SKK Global Stash Scrapping if items are added to the scrap lists as described in those solutions articles.
(5) If you are an SKK mod follower on Xbox, apologies. After avoiding Fallout 4 Script Extender functions to ensure Xbox compatibility for over 40 SKK scripted mods, I have had to give in to make this one happen. There is no practical way to script identification of Omods without F4SE.
UPDATE NOTE: All updates so far are totally transparent, can be installed in any savegame at any time.
New: Item exception lists user editable in xEdit for MISC mods, WEAP and ARMO items that should always be transferred to the player.